New regulations and reevaluation notices to registrants to mitigate surface water contamination from pesticide use.
- Memorandum, PDF (93 kb) from Xuyang Zhang to David Duncan. Response to the External Scientific Peer Review Comments on DPRís Determination of the Maximum Allowable Leach Rate for Copper Antifouling Products.(July 2016)
- Memorandum, PDF (71 kb) from David Duncan to Brian R. Leahy via Charles M. Andrews. Determination of Maximum Allowable Leach Rate and Mitigation Recommendations for Copper Antifouling Paints per AB 425. (January 2014)
- Memorandum, PDF (35 kb) from DPR Director Mary-Ann Warmerdam to Tam Doduc, Chair, State Water Resources Control Board (December 2007)
- Reevaluation of antifouling paint pesticides
- Copper Antifouling Paint
Documents on assessment of copper pollution caused by copper antifouling paint pesticides.
- Final Decision Concerning Reevaluation of Certain Pyrethroid Pesticide Products, NOTICE, PDF (122 kb)
- PWG and Meta Research. 2010. California 2009 Urban Pesticide Use Pattern Study, PDF (1.3 mb)
- DPR Pyrethroid Forum (April 30, 2007) – Agenda and presentations
- Agenda, PDF (25 kb)
- Urban Consumer Use Patterns: Off-Site Movement Potential; Mitigation/Optimization, PDF (524 kb) Martinez R.
- Protecting Water Quality: The Federal and State Clean Water Mandates to Prevent Toxicity and the California Water Boards’ Role, PDF (725 kb) Mumley, T. and Karkoski, J.
- Pesticides Pose Compliance Challenges for Urban Runoff Permittees, PDF (388 kb) Brossea, G.
- Stormwater Flow Chart, PDF (18 kb)
- Pyrethroid Problem Formulation Overview, PDF (178 kb) Poletika, N.
- Pyrethroids Residential and Consumer Products Use in California, PDF (237 kb) Assaf, N.
- POTWs and the Regulatory World: Pesticides, PDF (1.2 mb) Bobel, P., Moran, K. and Weir, C.
- Wastewater Flow Chart, PDF (19 kb)
- Environmental Fate and Aquatic Toxicity of the Synthetic Pyrethroids, PDF (338 kb) Dobbs, M., Warinton, J., Giddings, J.M., Hendley, P. and Lam, C.
- Registration and Re-evaluation of Pyrethroids, Pyrethrins, and Synergist (PPS) Chemicals (U.S. EPA) Pyrethroids, Pyrethrins, and Synergist (PPS) Chemicals, PDF(72 kb) Guerry, J.
- Urban and Agriculture Prioritization for DPR's Reevaluation of Pyrethroids, PDF (453 kb) Jones, R., Markle, J., Hendley, P., Poletika, N., Assaf, N., Mitchell, G., Dobbs, M. and Kohne, S.
- Overview of Stormwater-Related Scientific Issues and Resources, PDF (934 kb) Moran, K.
- PCOC: CA Industry Perspective, PDF (55 kb) Van Steenwyk, D.
- Documents associated with pyrethroid reevaluation
- Pyrethroid Method Development Project
Documents on development of analytical methods to detect pyrethroids in water, sediments, and biological organisms.
Dormant Spray Insecticides Regulation
- DPR Text of Final Regulations, PDF (24 kb) pertaining to the use of dormant spray insecticides and mitigation of surface water contamination
- Background Information, PDF (11 kb) on development of the regulatory package
- Dormant Spray Water Quality
Describes DPR activities and publications on protecting surface water from dormant spray runoff.
- California Notice 2004-4., PDF (55 kb) Notice of Decision to Begin Reevaluation of Pesticide Products Containing Chlorpyrifos. April 23, 2004