Pyrethroid Method Development Project
Pyrethroids are a large class of synthetic insecticides produced to duplicate or improve on the natural insecticide produced by chrysanthemum flowers. Pyrethroids are often used in California on fruit and nut trees, row crops, rice, nursery, and urban landscapes. Pesticide drift during application and surface water runoff can result in contamination and subsequent sediment accumulation in adjacent waterways.
DPR, the U.S. Geological Survey, and the California Department of Fish and Game are working together, with funding from CALFED, to develop analytical methods to detect pyrethroids in water, sediments, and biological organisms.
OverviewProject Description, PDF (97 kb)
- Pyrethroid Analytical Methods
- Method Development
- 2nd Quarterly Progress Report Spreadsheet, PDF (26 kb), April 1, 2006-June 30, 2006
- April 25, 2007 Methods Development for the Analysis of Pyrethroid Pesticides in Environmental Samples.
- Method Development for the Analysis of Pyrethroid Pesticides in Environmental Samples, PDF (34 kb)
- California Department of Food and Agriculture Pyrethroids in Sediment and Water, PDF (74 kb)
- California Department of Fish and Game Analytical Method Development and Validation, PDF (401 kb)
- United States Geological Services Methods: Water Sediment and Colloids, PDF (167 kb)
- Pyrethroid Results of Round Robin Testing (Water and Sediment), PDF (27 kb)
- February 14, 2007 Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) Meeting.
- September 19, 2006 Technical Advisory
Committee (TAC) Meeting.
- Minutes, PDF (13 kb)
- CALFED Pyrethroid Project Meeting Presentation, PDF (64 kb), Hladik, M.
- March 22, 2006 Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) Meeting.
- Minutes, PDF (43 kb)
- Pyrethroid Insecticides: Analysis, Occurrence and Fate in the Sacramento and San Joaquin Rivers and Delta, PDF (178 kb), Kuivila, K., Crane, D. and Goh, K.
- Pyrethroids in California, PDF (648 kb), Hladik, M.
- Pyrethroid Monitoring 2005-2006: Preliminary Data, PDF (2.3 mb), Starner, K. and Kelley, K.
- April 14, 2005 Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) Meeting.
- Agenda, PDF (12 kb)
- Pyrethroids: Use, Physico-Chemical Properties and Aquatic Toxicity, PDF (298 kb), Goh, K. and Newhart, K. Presentation to TAC meeting.