Employers, Pesticide Users, and Regulated Community
- Farm Labor Contractor Compliance Requirements, PDF (1.8 mb) (2/17)
- Farm Labor Contractor Pesticide Safety Tips, PDF (1.8 mb) (2/17)
- Pesticide Use Compliance Guide for Employers and Businesses informs users, pest control businesses, and employers of their responsibilities when working with handlers and field workers.
- Compliance assistance for employers discusses laws and regulations, pesticides, licensing and certification, forms, and other related information.
- Pesticide Safety: It’s the Law (leaflets)
- Pesticide Safety Information Series (PSIS) handouts in English, Spanish and Punjabi help employees learn about pesticide safety and are required to be used in handler and field worker training.
- Reporting pesticide illnesses – Physician information
- Reimbursing Medical Costs of Persons Injured in Pesticide Incidents (handout) in English, PDF (132 kb); En Español, PDF (152 kb), Reembolso de Gastos Médicos a Personas Lesionadas en Incidentes de Pesticidas
- Using Disinfectants, Sanitizers, Medical Sterilants, and Other Antimicrobials in the Workplace, PDF (87 kb) (DPR handout) En Español, PDF (132 kb)
- Minimal Exposure Pesticides, PDF (14 kb) – A list of pesticides, exemptions, restrictions, and special safety use requirements
- Restricted entry intervals, PDF (61 kb) (Bulletin ENF-001, July 2007); Intervalos de Entrada Restringida, PDF (63 kb) (ENF-001, Rev. 7/07)
- Ground Water Protection Materials, PDF (13 kb) – A list of certain pesticides and restrictions that have the potential to pollute ground water
- Agricultural and Non-Agricultural Pest Control Use, PDF (61 kb) (Bulletin ENF-003, Rev. March 2014)
- Sulfur dioxide use in wineries, PDF (136 kb), En Español, PDF (198 kb) – two-page handout about licensing and use reporting requirements
- Using Pesticides in Your Pet Grooming Business, PDF (59 kb) (Bulletin ENF-002, July 2007)
- Pesticide drift brochure, PDF (509 kb) En Español, PDF (487 kb)
- General Public Resources
- Licensing and Certification Program licenses and certifies people and businesses providing agricultural pest control services.
- Pesticide use reporting of all agricultural pesticide use must be reported to the CAC.
- Restricted materials use requirements
- California Restricted Materials Requirements, PDF (34 kb) (chart) – A list of certain pesticides whose use in California has special requirements
- Requisitos Para Materiales Restringidos en California, PDF (39 kb)
- Back to Fumigant Regulatory Issues
- Selling pesticides in California – Product Compliance Branch
- California Code of Regulations (Title 3) – Excerpt on pesticides and pest control operations
- California Code of Regulations (Title 16) - Structural pest control
- Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) Emissions from Pesticides
- Drift from pesticides
- Ground Water Protection
- Air and water programs protect the public and the environment from pesticide contamination by analyzing hazards and developing pollution prevention strategies.
- Pesticide Container Recycling, PDF (65 kb) (handout)
- U.S. EPA pesticide safety and site security
- Contact DPR
- County Agricultural Commissioner (CAC) listing
- DPR Enforcement Branch regional offices, PDF (120 kb)
- Structural Pest Control Board, Department of Consumer Affairs - regulates businesses and professionals that apply pesticides to structures
For content questions, contact:
3210 Beacon Boulevard
West Sacramento, CA 95691-3444