Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Personal protective equipment is clothing (for example, gloves, rubber boots) or devices (for example, respirators, safety goggles) worn by workers to protect against hazardous environments.
- Glove category selection key, PDF (61 kb) provides guidance when the PPE on the pesticide label lists a chemical-resistance category code (A through H) for gloves.
Respiratory Protection Compliance Assistance
- Respiratory Protection Regulations
- Title 3, California Code of Regulations, Section 6739 - text of respiratory protection and associated regulations.
- Compliance Assistance
- Respiratory protection program guidelines, HS-1513, PDF (99 kb), Word (115 kb), Spanish, PDF (171 kb), Spanish, Word (109 kb) - compliance assistance for developing a written program.
- Medical evaluation questionnaire. English, PDF (30 kb), Spanish, PDF (37 kb).
- Respirator regulation handout, PDF (January 2008, 29 kb) - developed by the Napa County Agricultural Commissioner’s office.
- Summary of Worker Safety and Protection Regulations, PDF (536 kb) - developed by the Sacramento County Agricultural Commissioner’s Office.
- Voluntary respiratory provisions, PDF (February 2008, 52 kb) - Q&A handout
- Compliance Documentation for Section 6739 (o)(5) End-of-Service Life - pesticide-specific directions from the respirator manufacturer.
- Recommended Reading
- Small Entity Compliance Guide, PDF (5.6 mb) - by the U.S. Dept. of Labor to assist in managing a respiratory protection program.
- Respiratory Protection in the Workplace, A Practical Guide for Small-Business Employers, PDF (2005, 1.4 mb) by the California Department of Industrial Relations.
For content questions, contact:
1001 I Street, P.O. Box 4015
Sacramento, CA 95812-4015
Phone: (916) 445-4211