- Community Guide to Recognizing and Reporting Pesticide Problems
- Compliance assistance for employers
- Decisions pending and opportunities for public participation
- Environmental Justice
- How to get a license or product registration
- Information for physicians
- School IPM
- Structural Pest Control Board
Brian R. Leahy
Department of Pesticide Regulation
Edmund G. Brown Jr.
January 10, 2017
County Agricultural Commissioners
UPDATE TO VOLUME 3, RESTRICTED MATERIALS AND PERMITTING, PESTICIDE USE ENFORCEMENT PROGRAM STANDARDS COMPENDIUM, 1,3-D RECOMMENDED PERMIT CONDITIONS
This letter announces the availability of, and summarizes an update to, DPR’s 1,3-Dichloropropene (Field Fumigant) Recommended Permit Conditions from Pesticide Use Enforcement Program Standards Compendium Volume 3, Restricted Materials and Permitting. Updates are enclosed and will be available online at the link provided below. Please have your staff begin using these updates as soon as possible.
To protect bystanders from long-term exposures to 1,3-dichloropropene (1,3-D) in the air, DPR limits the amount of 1,3-D applied in a township. Previously this “township cap” program was a 2-tier system. DPR has updated the program based on the Risk Management Directive and Mitigation Guidance for Cancer Risk from 1,3-Dichlorpropene (1,3-D) .
Beginning January 1, 2017, changes include:
- The 2-tier township cap is replaced with a single use limit of 136,000 adjusted pounds that cannot be exceeded in a township in a year.
- 1,3-D applications during December are prohibited.
- Notices of Intent must document the amount of 1,3-D left available in a township.
To print the revised portions of the manual, select from the enclosures or go to http://www.cdpr.ca.gov/docs/enforce/compend/vol_3/rstrct_mat.htm. Remove the old section from the manual and insert the new section:
- Table of Contents
- Updated page iii with the table of contents for Appendix J
- Appendix J - 1,3-Dichloropropene (Field Fumigant) Recommended Permit Conditions
If you have any questions, please contact the Enforcement Branch Liaison assigned to your county.
Original Signature by:
Chief, Enforcement Branch
Volume 3 - Restricted Materials and Permitting Updates Replacement Page Instructions, PDF (16 kb)
Table of Contents (16 kb)
Appendix J - 1,3-Dichloropropene (Field Fumigant) Recommended Permit Conditions (58 kb)
cc: Mr. Joe Marade, DPR Agricultural Commissioner Liaison
Enforcement Branch Liaisons
1001 I Street ·
P.O. Box 4015 · Sacramento,
California 95812-4015 · www.cdpr.ca.gov
A Department of the California Environmental Protection Agency