Farmworker Safety Outreach and Education
State law requires DPR to conduct outreach and education on worker safety and rights, and how to file confidential complaints of potential exposure. DPR staff present information on reducing pesticide exposure risk, new regulatory programs, as well as existing health and safety information related to pesticide use.
- Pesticide Safety Information Series (PSIS) English, Español, Punjabi - Leaflets explaining regulations and other worker safety information.
- Western Center for Agricultural Health and Safety (UC Davis) - A resource center to protect and improve the health and safety of farmworkers and consumers.
Compliance assistance booklets for employers
- Consejos para las mujeres para prevenir daños a la salud y a sus bebés causados por pesticidas, PDF (4 mb) (Migrant Clinicians Network)
- Consejos para prevenir las plagas y los envenenamientos con pesticidas, PDF (5 mb) (Migrant Clinicians Network)
- Una guía para sustituir los químicos domésticos por alternativas más sanas y seguras, PDF (2 mb) (Migrant Clinicians Network)
- Community Guide to Recognizing and Reporting Pesticide Problems (English) (Español)
- Emergency cards for fieldworkers in case of pesticide exposure, PDF (309 kb) - This is the information found on wallet-sized cards developed for agricultural fieldworkers with information on who to contact if they become ill or injured from exposure to pesticides.
- Border 2012 Project, PDF (860 kb) - California-Baja California Integrated Pesticide Illness Surveillance and Exposure Prevention Project.
For content questions contact:
1001 I Street, P.O. Box 4015
Sacramento, CA 95812-4015
Telephone: (916) 323-7614